Pagine

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Love this...


While browsing through etsy the other day I came across this beautiful shop: Tuckoo and Moo Cow. I love the idea and I find these pieces absolutely fascinating (I have always had a thing for really tiny paintings, I am always drawn to them when I go to museums or art exhibitions or when I see them in peoples homes). The style of the paintings is beautiful and it reminds me of illustrations on childrens books, the good kind, not the tacky kind...and these charms are very wearable but yet unique. I think they would make a great gift for someone who has an eye for things that are a little different, a little special. I asked the lovely owner of the shop, Sarah-Lambert Cook, where she got the idea in the first place for her beautiful creations and this is what she answered: "I got the idea for them from some bottle cap pins we were selling in a shop I worked at a few years back. The bottle cap pins had little collages under some glitter resin and I though, "Hey, I could do that with paintings!"
Oh, and she has another etsy shop where she sells her original art and prints...beautiful stuff!

Curiosando un po' su etsy l'altro giorno ho trovato questo negozio bellissimo: Tuckoo and Moo Cow. Trovo fantastica l'idea e i pezzi sono molto particolari (son sempre stata molto affascinata dai quadri piccolissimi, mi incuriosiscono e attirano sempre la mia attenzione ai musei, alle mostre o nelle case della gente). Lo stile dei dipinti è bellissimo e mi ricorda le illustrazioni dei libri per bambini, quelli belli però, non quelli pacchiani...e questi gioielli sono molto portabili e al contempo unici. Penso che siano un'ottima idea per un regalo a una persona in grado di apprezzare cose un po' diverse e un po' speciali. Ho chiesto all'artista, gentilissima, Sarah-Lambert Cook, dove l'è venuta l'idea iniziale per queste sue creazioni e mi ha risposto che l'idea le era venuta da delle spillette fatte di tappi di bottiglie che vendeva in un negozio dove lavorava un po' di tempo fa. Praticamente questi tappi contenevano dei collages ricoperti di resina brillantinata, e da lì lei aveva pensato di fare la stessa cosa coi suoi dipinti.
Ah, e ha anche un altro negozio etsy dove vende i suoi dipinti e disegni e stampe...ci son delle cose stupende!





















No comments:

Post a Comment