Pagine

Friday, August 19, 2011

Getting in the mood for fall and winter

See, here's the thing, I have a blog, and I like vintage clothes, and I watch Mad Men, and I like Modcloth, but in one thing I am not a walking stereotype (two actually, if you count the fact that I don't like cupcakes, or, rather, I've never even tried one): fall is NOT my favorite season. Summer is. By far. I long fot it all year and I never want it to end. That being said, I love all the seasons. Excuse the banality but I love tham all: spring blooms, fall colors, and fresh snow that seems to hush all the city noises. And I like fog, I think it's fascinating (except while driving), I love when I'm walking on one of my city's bridges and the fog is so thick you can't see on either side of the bridge (that's a little weird, I know). But I hate the end of summer, it makes me sad. So I'm trying to put myself in the mood for fall and winter (especially cause I really have to start making fall and winter garments) by looking through pictures from last year...

Vedete, io ho un blog, e mi piacciono i vestiti vintage, e guardo Mad Men, e mi piace Modcloth, ma per quanto riguarda una cosa non sono un perfetto stereotipo (due se si conta il fatto che non amo i cupcakes, o meglio, che non ne ho mai assaggiato uno): l'autunno NON è la mia stagione preferita. La mia preferita è l'estate, e di gran lunga. Non vedo l'ora che arrivi tutto l'anno, e poi non voglio che finisca mai. Però va detto che in realtà le stagioni mi piacciono tutte, perdonate la banalità ma mi piacciono i colori autunnali, le fioriture primaverili, e il primo strato di neve che sembra attutire tutti i rumori della città. E poi mi piace la nebbia (tranne quando sono al volante), mi piace quando cammino su un ponte della mia città e la nebbia è talmente fitta che non ne vedi nè l'inizio nè la fine. Ma odio la fine dell'estate, mi mette tristezza, e quindi sto cercando di abituarmi all'idea che tra un po' sarà finita e sto cercando di mettermi un po' voglia di autunno e inverno (soprattutto perchè presto devo iniziare a fare un po' di maglie invernali) guardando un po' di foto dell'anno scorso...










I only have one more summer project to finish and then I'll start with the fall/winter projects (I have some cool ideas cooking up in my brain). And I will update my etsy page soon with the fall/winter section, I'll start by putting up some things from last year and then I'll add the new stuff I make...

Devo solo più finire un progetto estivo e poi parto con quelli invernali (ho un paio di idee interessanti che mi frullano in testa). Presto aggiornerò la mia pagina etsy con la sezione autunno/inverno, inizierò mettendo su alcune cose dall'anno scorso e poi man mano aggiungerò i nuovi pezzi...

No comments:

Post a Comment