Pagine

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Busy like a bee

I've been working my little fingers off lately cause there are so many things I want to get done, my oh my is knitting and crocheting SLOW. Yesterday I checked out the Twist Collective website and the fall issue is out! Lots of things in there are awesome, lots of cool colorwork which I am loving...here are some of my favorites!

Ultimamente sto lavorando come una forsennata perchè voglio finire tutta una serie di cose, mamma quanto è lento il lavoro a maglia e uncinetto. Ieri ho controllato il sito di Twist Collective e hanno messo su l'edizione per l'autunno! Ci son delle cose molto belle, molto jacquard che mi piace assai...ecco un paio dei miei preferiti!

Roseling by Anne Kuo Lukito
Scout by Hannah Cuviello
Dylan by Megan Goodacre
Twinings by Amy Herzog
Evendim by Julia Trice
Kiyomi by Barbara Gregory
Kent by Katya Wilsher
There were others that were great too. If I had to choose my favorite out of all these I would probably say Kiyomi...love the shape, the fun way it closes in the front and the colorwork is amazing.
This issue also had a great article about seams...I never really learned how to seam correctly from a book, I always just did what felt right, and the result wasn't bad but I'm going to refer to this article next time because I'm sure it can help me make cleaner seams that will improve the overall quality of the things I make.

Ce n'erano anche altre bellissime. Se dovessi scegliere la mia preferita di tutte queste direi probabilmente Kiyomi...bellissima forma, chiusura interessante e jacquard stupendo, per non parlare dei colori.
Questa edizione ha anche un articolo interessante sulle cuciture. Non ho mai imparato da un libro come cucire bene i pezzi di una maglia, son sempre andata a intuito e i risultati non erano male, ma la prossima volta userò le tecniche descritte perchè son sicura che potranno migliorare le mie cuciture, renderle più pulite e precise e di conseguenza migliorare la qualità generale dei capi che faccio.

Etsy updates soon! (I hope)
Presto aggiornamenti su Etsy! (spero)

No comments:

Post a Comment