Pagine

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Sneak peek

Some of the things I strive for when making a new item are comfort, versatility and functionality. I want the clothes I design to have the characteristics I look for when buying things for myself and I appreciate it when the clothes I own are easy and fuss-free to wear. I like to throw on a dress in the morning that will make me feel good and that allows me to move around freely without feeling constrained and that won't wrinkle immediately as soon as I sit down or get caught in the wheels of my bike or reveal my bra strap when I move around. Do you know what I mean? The dress will also earn bonus points if it is versatile meaning I can wear it in warm weather and in cold weather just by adding extra layers or that I can wear it to work, out for lunch with friends, on a roadtrip or to a wedding depending on the accessories I wear it with.
I am thinking of all of this while making a new cotton dress I am working on right now...here is a small sneak peek!
I have a clear idea in mind of how I want it to look and hopefully I'll be able to achieve that idea, and hopefully it will turn out to have all the characteristics I just mentioned!

Quando lavoro a un nuovo capo, tra le caratteristiche che cerco di dargli ci sono la comodità, la versatilità e la funzionalità. Idealmente vorrei che i vestiti che produco avessero tutti le stesse caratteristiche che cerco quando compro dei capi per me stessa e apprezzo particolarmente quando i miei vestiti sono facili e comodi da indossare. Se compro un vestitino lo cerco che non mi impedisca i movimenti o mi faccia sentire costretta, che non si stropicci appena mi siedo, che non si impigli nei raggi della bici e che non faccia vedere le spalline del reggiseno se mi muovo troppo. Guadagnerà poi altri punti bonus se è anche versatile, nel senso che posso indossarlo col caldo o col freddo a seconda di quanti strati aggiungo e che posso adattarlo a occasioni diverse (il lavoro, un viaggio, un pranzo fuori, un matrimonio) a seconda di quali accessori ci abbino.
Sto lavorando a un nuovo vestitino estivo di cotone al momento e spero di riuscire a dotarlo di tutte queste caratteristiche. Ho un'idea abbastanza chiara in mente di come vorrei che venisse...spero di riuscire a tradurla bene in realtà!
Ecco uno sneak peek:


No comments:

Post a Comment