Pagine

Monday, April 16, 2012

A little inspiration!

The spring 2012 issue of Twist Collective is here, and I love it...
I really appreciate the fact (which is actually a little rare, especially for spring issues) that it has lots of tank tops and short sleeved garments that one would acutally wear in spring or summer. I find that lots of knitting magazines and websites that I browse for a litttle inspiration tend to have lots of garments that are pretty but look like versions of winter garments only knitted in cotton or silk instead of wool. I live and knit in a place where summer gets hot, really hot, so it's always good to find a little inspiration for tanks a short sleeved blouses etc.
Here are some of my favorite items in this issue:

L'edizione estiva del 2012 di Twist Collective è arrivata e devo dire che mi piace parecchio...
Apprezzo in particolare il fatto che ci siano molti top e magliette a maniche corte che uno indosserebbe effettivamente d'estate o in primavera. Molte riviste e siti di maglia tendono a mettere tanti progetti di maglie che pur essendo molto belle sembrano essere semplicemente delle versioni in cotone o seta di potenziali maglie invernali. D'estate dalle mie parti fa caldo, molto caldo ed è sempre una buona cosa potersi ispirare un po' per capi che uno indosserebbe effettivamente con 35 gradi umidi.
Ecco alcuni dei miei modelli preferiti di questa edizione:

Regent by Marnie MacLean
Candlewick by Christa Giles   
Nyame by Julia Trice
 I especially love Nyame, it's simple but stunning, I would absolutely wear that.
Nyame mi piace particolarmente, semplice ma molto d'effetto, lo porterei tantissimo.

Caeles by Hilary Smith Callis
Edgehill by Amanda Keep
And I love the idea of turning a paisley pattern into lace like so (I had a period in my teens where I almost only wore t-shirts with paisley patterns on them, weird, I know.)...

Mi piace anche molto l'idea di realizzare un traforo fatto sulla base dei disegni cashmere come in questa maglia (ho avuto una fase nella mia adolescenza nella quale indossavo quasi solo magliette con quel tipo di disegno, lo so, non è molto normale)...

Paisley by Fiona Ellis
 Anyways...I hope to have a few spring/summer FOs soon to show you!

Comunque, spero di finire un po' di progetti estivi e primaverili per poterveli mostrare presto!

No comments:

Post a Comment