Pagine

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Istanbul


I just came back from beautiful Istanbul, where I spent a few days with my friends. It's a spectacular city, I had been there once as a kid but going back as an adult made me appreciate it so much more. There is something about huge stretches of water within cities that really fascinates me for some reason (maybe cause my city only has a smaller river running through it), and the architecture and atmosphere are breathtaking.
And the food. Ooooh the food.
The last day was a great excuse to go on a hunt in the market area for a yarn store, and after getting help from various sellers and a bank security guard we finally found it and I bought some lovely organic cotton yarn in three gorgeous colors. My luggage didn't arrive at the airport back home so my yarn is now somewhere in Europe on its way to Turin. Can't wait to use it!

Sono appena rientrata da Istanbul, dove ho passato un po' di giorni con delle amiche. La città è splendida, ci ero già stata da ragazzina e me la ricordavo bella, ma non a questi livelli. C'è qualcosa che mi affascina particolarmente delle città che hanno grandi bracci d'acqua che le attraversano (forse perchè la mia di città è attraversata solo da un fiume di medie dimensioni), e l'architettura e l'atmosfera della città sono spettacolari.
E il cibo. Ooooooh il cibo.
L'ultimo giorno è stata la scusa perfetta per andare a cercare un negozio di filati di cui ci avevano parlato. Dopo una caccia al tesoro nelle viuzze del mercato, e dopo varie indicazioni da parte di venditori e di una guardia di una banca siam finalmente riuscite a trovarlo. Ho comprato dello stupendo cotone organico in tre colori bellissimi. Al rientro la mia valigia non è arrivata quindi ora il cotone è da qualche parte in Europa sulla strada verso l'aereoporto di Torino. Non vedo l'ora di usarlo!

No comments:

Post a Comment