Pagine

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Magical Mitteleuropa

The other night I finally saw my first Wes Anderson movie (I know, I know), which was The Grand Budapest Hotel. I've been told a milion times I should watch his movies but I hadn't had the chance to yet... I'm glad I finally did. I knew about his taste for beautiful, stylised and over the top photography and scenery so I was expecting that, which I did indeed love. What I wasn't expecting was the story to be so sweet, irreverently funny and entertaining. I loved it.
Somewhere the other day I read the title of an article that was something like: "The reason behind the symmetry in Wes Anderson's movies", or something along those lines. I never actually read the article but the title was enough to make me notice that eveything does infact tend to be symmetrical in his scenes, and this kind of drove me crazy during the whole movie... I had never noticed, but perfect symmetry can be slightly disturbing! I found that quite funny and for some reason it made me like the movie even more!
The next in line are The Royal Tenenbaums, Moonrise Kingdom, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and The Darjeeling Limited...

Image via.
L'altra sera ho finalmente visto il mio primo film di Wes Anderson (lo so, lo so), ossia The Grand Budapest Hotel. Mi hanno sempre consigliato i suoi film ma finora non ne avevo ancora visti, e sono decisamente contenta di esserci finalmente riuscita. Sapevo del suo gusto per le scenografie stilizzate e fantasiose, quindi mi aspettavo (come infatti è stato) di apprezzare quell'aspetto lì del suo cinema, quello che invece non mi aspettavo è stata la comicità raffinata e irriverente, la dolcezza dei personaggi e il ritmo incalzante della storia. Bellissimo.
L'altro giorno, non ricordo dove, ho letto il titolo di un articolo che diceva qualcosa tipo: "La perfetta simmetria nei film di Wes Anderson" o qualcosa del genere. Pur non avendo letto l'articolo in se', questo è stato sufficiente per farmi notare che in effetti le sue scene tendono ad essere quasi tutte simmetriche, e la cosa mi ha fatto un po' impazzire mentre vedevo il film! Non ci avevo mai fatto caso che la simmetria perfetta possa avere qualcosa di leggermente destabilizzante, e questa cosa, non so bene perchè, mi ha fatto apprezzare il film ancora di più.
I prossimi che voglio vedere sono The Royal Tenenbaums, Moonrise Kingdom, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou e The Darjeeling Limited...

Image via.
Image via.
Images via.




Images via.
Image via.








Images via.

No comments:

Post a Comment