Pagine

Monday, May 21, 2012

Rain


It's been raining non stop and cold for days, where did spring go? This weather has had me knitting some of the winter garments I want to get done before I take the necessary heat-induced break from wool. For one of these garments I'm using two yarns together, an acrylic-wool blend and a lovely mohair yarn with sequines weaved into it, here's a little sneak peek:

Sta piovendo incessantemente da giorni e fa un freddo cane, ma la primavera? Con questo tempo sto lavorando parecchio con la lana per cercare di finire alcune cose che voglio portare a termine prima che faccia troppo caldo...tra queste, un progetto per il quale sto usando due filati diversi assieme, un misto lana e un mohair bellissimo con delle paillettes infilate nel filo, così:



I know the picture isn't great...the lighting is what it is with this weather. I'm also working on a summer project and making the effort to time how much it is taking me to knit it up. I've attempted this before a few times because knowing how much it takes to make something can help me evaluate my pricing better, but I always gave up because I got tired of using the timer while knitting (I'm always picking up and putting down my knitting, taking breaks etc. It takes discipline to time myself well). I'm hoping I'll manage this time because I want to figure out whether I'm a fast knitter or not, and have a clearer idea of how much I can get done in how much time. I chose a smaller project for this in the hopes of being a little more consistent, I'll let you know!

La foto non è il massimo, con questo tempo la luce è quella che è. Sto anche lavorando ad un capo estivo e mi sto impegnando a cronometrarmi mentre lavoro. Ho già provato varie volte perchè avere un'idea di quanto ci metto a fare una maglia mi può aiutare a valutare meglio i miei prezzi, ma ho sempre rinunciato a farlo, perchè con tutte le pause e tutte le volte che prendo il lavoro per farne pochissimo e smettere subito, diventa un po' uno sbatti cronometrare il lavoro (per dirlo in maniera raffinata). Vediamo se riesco a sto giro, vorrei veramente cercare di capire se sono una sferruzzatrice veloce e capire un po' le tempistiche del mio lavoro. Ho scelto una maglia non enorme nella speranza di essere più costante stavolta, speriamo!

No comments:

Post a Comment