Pagine

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New year's resolutions.

(Beautiful picture of Venice from last month that has absolutely nothing to do with this post but that I threw in anyway for a little bit ot of eye candy). (Bella foto di Venezia che ho fatto il mese scorso e che non c'entra assolutamente niente con il post ma che ho messo lo stesso a scopo puramente decorativo). 


As I'm sure you all know, the new year doesn't really start in January, the real new year starts in September. I'm sure you all agree. So this is the time of new year's resolutions. Here are a few of mine:
Converrete sicuramente con me che l'anno non inizia veramente a gennaio bensì a settembre. Si sa. Di conseguenza il tempo per i buoni propositi è questo. Ecco un paio dei miei:

1) Stop overeating. It has become a bad habit of mine to always eat e little more than I should (and sometimes way more than I should) only out of greed. You know that feeling when you stand up after dinner and realize that that last serving of whatever was not a good idea? Yeah. This has to stop. (It also says a lot about how f*d up the world is that I have to make it a resolution not to eat too much while people in, for instance, Somalia are dying of starvation).
2) Be more productive with my studying. It's not that I don't study, it's that I don't have a long concentration span. I'm not sure how to get better at this, but I'm going to try.
3) Slow down with the shopping. Especially online. A credit card and the internet are a very dangerous combination. I want to stretch out my wardrobe and be creative with what I already have. Like so!
4) Watch more documentaries. And movies. And watch the news or read the newspapers everyday (I am acutally doing quite well at this one).
 That's it for now...

1) Smettere di mangiare troppo. Sta diventando una mia brutta abitudine quella di mangiare un po' più di quanto io ne abbia bisogno (e spesso molto di più) per pura golosità. Avete presente la sensazione di quando ci si alza da tavola e ci si rende conto di aver esagerato? Ecco, devo smettere. (E la dice anche lunga su come gira male il mondo il fatto che io debba farne un buon proposito di non esagerare col cibo mentre la gente in Somalia, per esempio, sta morendo di fame).
2) Essere più produttiva con lo studio. Non è che io non studi, semplicemente che la mia concentrazione dura troppo poco. Non so bene come migliorare questa cosa ma ci voglio provare.
3) Darmi una calmata con lo shopping. Soprattutto online. La carta di credito e internet son una pessima combinazione. Voglio sfruttare al massimo il mio guardaroba ed essere più creativa con ciò che ho. Tipo così!
4) Guardare più documentari. E film. E guardare il telegiornale o leggere il giornale tutti i giorni (con questa me la sto cavando abbastanza).
Per ora direi che basta così...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment