Pagine

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sometimes, rarely, I make things for myself too...

Even though I have been knitting for a long time I have very few handknitted garments of my own.
I learned how to knit when I was about 8 yrs old, at first it was just scarves and purses (I still have a really funny colorful scarf I made from leftovers from my mom's yarn stash, I might post a picture of that someday) then, later on, I learned how to make sweaters from patterns and made a few of those. But most of the time I would make stuff for other people, I liked trying to figure out other people's tastes in fashion and making things they would like and actually wear.
Then, two years ago, I decided to try and sell what I made...
In all this time I only made very few garments for myself, but I thought I would showcase my own handmade stuff on the blog every once in a while...

Anche se lavoro a maglia da molti anni, possiedo poche cose che mi sono fatta io. Ho imparato a lavorare a maglia quando avevo 8 anni, inizialmente facevo solo sciarpe e borse (ho ancora una sciarpa buffa tutta colorata che avevo fatto da piccola con avanzi di lana di mia mamma, magari una volta posto una foto) poi ho imparato a fare maglie seguendo i modelli e ho fatto un po' di quelle.
Generalmente però facevo cose per gli altri, mi piaceva cercare di indovinare i gusti altrui e fare maglie che sarebbero piaciute e che le persone avrebbero poi effettivamente indossato. 
Poi, due anni fa ho deciso di iniziare a provare a vendere le mie maglie...
In tutto questo mi son fatta poche cose per me stessa, ma ho pensato di mostrarne qualcuna ogni tanto sul blog...

Today for instance I was wearing this top I made five years ago...
The brown cotton was a gift, for the stripes I used leftover cotton from various other projects and I followed a pattern from a magazine but changed it up a bit by adding stripes, by adding panels on the side (because my gauge was wrong and the top was way too tight), by not using ruffles on the neckline like the pattern said and by using some strange lace pattern on the bottom.
On the whole think it's not that bad, and I keep wearing five years later...

Oggi per esempio indossavo questo top che ho fatto cinque anni fa...
Il cotone marrone era un regalo, per le righe avevo usato avanzi di cotone da altri progetti e avevo seguito un modello da una rivista ma lo avevo cambiato un po' aggiungendo le righe, aggiungendo dei pannelli di fianco perchè non avendo fatto il campioncino mi era decisamente troppo stretta, non mettendo ruche sullo scollo a differenza di ciò che diceva il modello e aggiungendo una lavorazione a pizzo un po' strana sul bordo inferiore.
Nel complesso non lo trovo male e continuo a metterlo anche cinque anni dopo averlo fatto...

No comments:

Post a Comment