Pagine

Friday, July 29, 2011

My own handmade stuff

As I mentioned before, I have very few handmade items of my own (handmade by me, that is) because I usually either made things for others or to sell them...
Today I wore this little green cotton sweater I made ages ago (seriously, I was in middle school...it's that old):

Come ho già detto un po' di tempo fa, possiedo poche cose fatte a mano da me perchè ho quasi sempre fatto cose per altra gente o per venderle...
Oggi però indossavo questa maglia verdina di cotone che ho fatto tantissimo tempo fa (stiamo parlando dei tempi delle medie):


It's actually quite funny that I still wear or even like this particular sweater cause, honestly, it's all kinds of wrong...it's way too short (always has been), way too wide and it twists on itself in a weird way, but yet...I like it! The effect of all these flaws combined is that it looks like a loose cropped short sleaved sweater and that makes it pretty wearable! I also wear it often in winter with long sleeved tops underneath. And what's really amazing is the quality of the cotton, this piece is more than 10 years old and the yarn is still perfect, no pilling, no stretching, still shiny and soft. I'm in awe. I remember I bought it from my favorite yarn store, next time I go I'm going to try to see if I can figure out which yarn it was and if I find it I'm going to buy a significant amount for my (dangerously ever-growing) stash.

In realtà è abbastanza strano che io continui a portare e anche solo aprezzare questa maglia perchè, sinceramente, è venuta fuori sbagliata in tutti i modi possibili...è decisamente troppo corta (e lo è sempre stata), troppo larga e si attorciglia tutta su se stessa in modo strano, eppure...mi piace!
L'effetto che creano tutti questi difetti messi assieme è che sembra una maglia corta e morbida, fatta apposta così e di fatto è molto mettibile...la porto spesso anche di inverno con sotto maglie a maniche lunghe. E la cosa straordinaria è la qualità del cotone, questo capo ha più di 10 anni e il cotone è ancora perfetto, non ha fatto pallini, non si è deformato, è ancora lucido e morbido, veramente notevole. Mi ricordo di averlo comprato nel negozio dove vado sempre, la prossima volta che vado voglio cercare di capire che filato fosse e se lo trovo voglio comprarne un bel po' da mettere da parte (come se non avessi già i cassetti che debordano di lane e filati vari).

No comments:

Post a Comment