Pagine

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

F.O.: White summer drawstring sweater

Here is the F.O. I mentioned in my last post...finished, blocked and photographed! It's a lightweight summer sweater that closes in the front with a drawstring. It's very simple and clean, and it is also the result of a happy incident... I started it at my boyfriend's house and realized I had brought with me two needles in two diffferent sizes (a 5 and a 4), but I was really impatient to start it so I tried working with the two needles together, and loved what happened...the rib pattern I was using turned out lovely with the slightly wavy effect that resulted from having two different sized needles, and once I switched to the stockinette stitch the result was just as beautiful! If you look closely at the close up picture you will see what I mean...

Ecco il capo finito di cui parlavo nell'ultimo post...finito, bloccato e fotografato! Si tratta di una maglia aperta leggera chiusa davanti con un laccetto. Semplice e pulita, è anche il risultato di un errore di percorso finito bene...l'ho iniziata a casa del mio ragazzo e mi sono accorta che mi ero portata dietro due ferri di due dimensioni diverse (un 4 e un 5), ma ero troppo impaziente di iniziarla quindi ho provato a vedere cosa succedeva lavorando con due ferri diversi...il risultato è venuto fuori benissimo! Il punto a coste è venuto leggermente ondulato e la maglia rasata ha delle striature regolari appena percepibili (vedi la foto del dettaglio), mi piace moltissimo questo effetto...




All in all I love this sweater, I think it's very versatile (I think it might even work as a cover up on the beach with shorts), the yarn is a ramie-acrylic blend that is soft yet slightly shiny and very fresh for summer...
details on my etsy page!

Sono decisamente soddisfatta del risultato con questa maglia, penso sia molto versatile (probabilmente può funzionare anche in spiaggia da mettere sopra il costume abbinata a dei pantaloncini corti), il filato è un misto ramiè-acrilico che è morbido ma al contempo un pochino lucido e molto fresco per l'estate...
dettagli sulla mia pagina etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment